1. Are you one organization or two
2. What is a Community Garden
3. How much is it to lease a garden plot?
4. How do I get a garden plot?
5. Do you sell compost?
6. The Gardens at the Village Green has a Food Forest. What is a Food Forest?
Forest gardening is a low – maintenance sustainable plant – based food production and agroforestry system based on woodland ecosystems, incorporating fruit and nut trees, shrubs, herbs, vines and perennial
7. Do you grow your own plants?
8. What is a Bicycle Co-Op?
The co-op is not a replacement for a retail bicycle shop. If you are looking for a new bicycle and someone else to service it, we recommend one of the many specialized bike shops in the area that offer professional services. The co-op is not a place to drop off a bike to have serviced. Volunteer mechanics are there to help you, but they will not do the work. We will offer assessment and advice for drop-ins, and we will not turn people away due to lack of funds. We strive to take some of the mystery out of bicycles and help people get the most out of bicycling.
9. How does MoBo work?
10. How do I get a MoBo membership?
11. What exactly is Open Bike Shop?
12. Do you sell bikes?
13. What are your hours of operation for VFG?
The VGF is 100% volunteer operated; there are no employees. We are open Sundays 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. for Open (Bike) Shop. The community gardens are accessible 24/7. Other independent events are scheduled and promoted through social media, email and newsletters throughout the year.
14. How can I volunteer?
15. What do volunteers do?
You are encouraged to share with us any specific skills you have beyond what is listed that you feel would be beneficial to The VGF such as board service, proposal writing, fundraising, technology, construction, and connections, etc.
16. Can I bring my family?
17. How are you funded?
18. This sounds great! What do I do next? Contact us at
- firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on-site during Open Shop Sundays 2-5 and Wednesdays 6-9 pm; Sundays (in season-weather driven) 11-2 pm.