Gardens at the Village Green (GAVG)–Healthy living through affordable and sustainable nutrition
Who We Are
Gardens at the Village Green is a volunteer-run organic community garden
- Community members can lease garden plots to grow fresh food
- Utilize rain barrels for the optimal watering of beds
- Use compost when available
- Participate in gardening classes
- Meet your neighbors and make lifelong friendships
- Participate in annual plant/bike sale
- Have fun!
LEASE AGARDEN BED – (24) 12 X 12 garden plots($20 annually);
GREENHOUSE – plantsgrown in the greenhouse using Heirloom seeds are available to purchase at a modest price; and,
THE PEOPLE’S GARDEN & FOOD FOREST ON BOYD STREET CURRENTLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT– a low-maintenance sustainable plant-based food production and agroforestry system based on woodland ecosystems, incorporating fruit and nut trees, shrubs, herbs, vines and perennial vegetables useful to humans. Companion planting is intermixed to grow in a succession of layers, to build a woodland habitat.
- Seed Swap & Potluck
- Seed Starting