MoBo Kids Day Program Coordinator for 2022!
Since 2008, the MoBo Kids Day program, a project of The Village Green Foundation, has given the youth of Northside and surrounding areas the opportunity to repair their own bikes, learn real world skills, give back to the community, and earn their very own bike.
We are seeking a flexible, reliable, organized, and enthusiastic individual to run the Kids Day Program. This person has experience organizing youth and preferably experience working on bikes. The Kids Day Coordinator ensures that the program runs smoothly, participants always have a chance to learn, the shop remains a safe space, and everyone has fun. The program succeeds best when the coordinator can organize and lead a strong group of committed
• Facilitate youth programming with consideration for Covid-safe planning as needed
• Instruct basic intro to mechanics curriculum
• Build relationships with youth, partners and co-facilitators
• Schedule and facilitate other educational workshops & events
• Track and report on program statistics and budget
• Other tasks as required
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Plan program activities following social distancing protocols as needed
• Weekly programming: Mondays 5 to 8 p.m.
• Volunteer management
• Communication and event planning
• Administrative tasks
• Data tracking and management
• Attend organization meetings (currently Wednesday 8-8:30pm), including monthly board meetings
1. Experience working with youth from diverse backgrounds
2. Ideal candidate has teaching/de-escalation experience
3. Enthusiasm for the project
4. Must be able to pass a background check
5. Digital communication skills
6. Bike repair – willing to train the right candidate
Physical abilities & requirements
• Work safely outside in high temperatures
• Climb stairs
• Lift weights up to 50 pounds
$500/month and one refurbished bike per year
5-7 hours a week
To apply send the following to: email@example.com
2. Cover letter including why you are interested in this position and how your experience makes you a good match
3. Contact information for two references
Position will start as soon as possible.
The Village Green Foundation (MoBo’s parent organization) seeks staff who reflect the diverse community we serve. Individuals typically underrepresented in the bicycle mechanics industry are highly encouraged to apply including people of color, indigenous people, queer people, trans people, women, people living with disabilities, and/or mental health variations.